Re: another ebay crook???

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: another ebay crook???
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:26:16 +0000
On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, at around 08:00:18 local time, Randall Young
<Ryoung@navcomtech.com> wrote:
>> i emailed the seller, asked him for details,
>
>Did he happen to mention why the previous owner was only able to drive it 41
>miles ???
>
>Yup, whole thing stinks like last week's fish.  Time for a note to eBay's
>fraud department ... starting with the fact the car's location was not in
>the US as advertised.

And following up with a complaint about the statement that the car is
sold "as is" - which I assume is the USian equivalent of the UK "as
seen", and, if so, only applies if the vehicle is being sold to someone
who has seen it in the flesh.   Otherwise, this is sale by description,
and the seller is liable for any inaccuracies in that description. (Mind
you, given all the "appears to be" statements, the seller may well have
covered himself there...)   This is supposed to be an auction, not an
advertisement.

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671