Re: Gauge repair, Thanks

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gauge repair, Thanks
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:25:15 -0700
Randall Young wrote:

> .... The seal between the glass and the bezel may have originally been
> "dum dum" rather than an O-ring.

Mitch --

For the big gauges I made a ring (about 3/16" across) of the approriate
size out of black gasket material (the stuff that is about like cereal
box cardboard).  This ring went between the glass and the gauge just to
snug everything up.  Does not show from the front of the gauge.  I don't
recall what I did there for the small gauges, possibly nothing.

The o-rings for the big gauges may the stick out too far (for my taste)
on the TR3's dash so I didn't use anything between the big gauges and
dash vinyl.  On the TR4's wood dash the o-rings worked nicely on the big
gauges, seating in the lip of the wood cutout.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ