Re: SU Carbs - Flat Spot

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs - Flat Spot
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:44:13 -0000
Hi John
Another name, knackered spindles! ;-)
Seriously, the added air flow of worn spindles at anything above idle is
insignificant as a ratio of air flow, consider that at 3000 rpm with any
throttle position except closing for deceleration, such as steady travel or
accelerating will have half open butterflys so out of 2 HS6's at half
throttle lets call it one wide open you have an inch plus diameter and an
excess of 4 rings of air 5/16 ths inch diameter by say 0.010 inch thick, the
maths says it all, however at idle it could be a high % of your air flow!

Tuppence worth!

Graham.