Re: Too Lean TR6?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Too Lean TR6?
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:28:07 -0700
Steve TR6 wrote:

>  For those of you familiar with the 74 TR6, I have a mystery problem. My
>car is behaving as if it is running lean, it is missing/hesitating at speed.

I would first try to eliminate the ignition as the cause.  This is one
reason I keep a complete spare ignition system on hand (dizzy, plug
wires, coil, plugs).  Handy as a spare but also can quickly swap out
everything and see if the problem goes away -- if so, then start trying
one component at a time until the culprit is found.

No expert here, but high speed miss always makes me think first of plugs
& wires.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4