TR6 brake MC oversize rebore

To: TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 brake MC oversize rebore
From: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@mail.presby.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:36:17 -0400
Yesterday I removed the brake master cylinder from my '74 TR6 with the idea of
replacing all the rubber seals.  However, I found a metal label on the
underside that stated that the MC had been remanufactured with new oversized
pistons and that only oversized rebuild kits should be used.  Neither VB or
Moss lists such a thing.  Anybody know where to get one?  I thought about
trying Apple Hydraulics or White Post, but I think when they do a rebuild they
resleeve the bore to original diameter.

Thanks for any help you can pass along.

Tim