RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Aftermarket Exhaust Fit
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:37:27 -0800
> Terry Smith wrote:
>
> >...and is stainless steel worth the extra money?

Geo Hahn replied :
> I used the stainless (from TRF) 20 years ago and it still looks
> good as new (except for some baked-on oil).

While I just had the front muffler replaced on the mild steel reproduction
of the original exhaust that I got from Moss in '86.  Not sure just how far
I've driven it since then, but it's well over 100,000 miles.  Headpipe and
rear muffler are still the 1986 items ... not perfect but serviceable.

Randall
59 TR3A TS39781LO daily driver (back on the road, woo hoo!)
71 Stag LE1473L daily driver wanna be (waiting for J-type transplant)
63 Sports 6 HB7826LCV rustoration project
57 TR3 TS21731L rusting quietly