TR3a auxcillary fuel filter

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3a auxcillary fuel filter
From: "David Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:22:51 -0500
Good evening all,

I have been lurking off the list for a bit. Now I need to put the cars away
for the winter (sigh).  One of the tasks at hand is to replace the fuel
filter, when I put the Tr3a together I installed a disposable filter by the
tank and yearly I replace it.   My concern is, can the filter actually be
too much for the mechanical pump (3-4psi)?  I really want to keep the look
of the mechanical pump so simply swapping out for a electric is not
considered.

So, is there a aftermarket fuel filter people know about that can work with
a low pressure system?

Thanks
David A. Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a - 9TS54226L ( "9" denotes the CDN import on year of mfr )
'74 Triumph Spitfire - FM10491U
Located in Guelph, Ontario, Canada