hole on bottom of tr7 shifter extension

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: hole on bottom of tr7 shifter extension
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:30:46 -0700
while trying to put my new driveshaft on today i noticed that there was a hole
on the bottom of the shifter extension on my 80 tr7.  the hole is supposed to
be there, it's machined and all, but and big but here, is there supposed to be
a rubber grommet in it or something ?  the bottom of this shifter extension,
which is another piece of british engineering marvel, the like of the water
pump and the fasd, anyway.... that's another topic ...., the bottom of this
thing has what looks like a mini oil pan!!!  so i was looking at this thing
with the weight of the driveshaft on my chest and thinking, holy cow, am i
missing the drain plug to this thing ???  any expertise would be appreciated.
thanks, larry