RE: * TR3 Gearbox versus TR4 *

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: * TR3 Gearbox versus TR4 *
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:35:46 -0800
> I know we had an oil type thread recently but can anyone
> tell me the
> quantity of oil to fill it back up if we assume that it has been "drained
> and re-filled?".  Or perhaps I just fill it to the brim?

Just fill it to the brim ... of the fill plug on the side of the box.

Note that it's common for the adapter plate to get warped during assembly,
if that's the case then you're looking at a complete teardown to get the
leak stopped.  John Esposito at Quantum Mechanics was selling heavy duty
adapter plates ...

> I might just take it out for one more run if I get a chance -
> it's not that
> cold here in the Chicago burbs!!!!

Whaddya mean, just one more ?  I used to drive mine all winter, about 100
miles south of you !

Still do for that matter, but now I live in a somewhat warmer climate <g>
Randall