TR3a body mounting ?s

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3a body mounting ?s
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 18:32:28 -0800
Bolting body to frame. Have _five_ aluminum discs with slots.
I know where four go - on the diagonal front shock tower braces. I figure a
sixth must be hiding in my  garagemahall, and expect to find it somehow,
but cannot see in any of the diagrammes where another pair is supposed to
be used.
b) I do recall and see in the pictures where various thicknesses of
"packing" are supposed to be used. I have some of the old stuff but it has
certainly deteriorated beyond re-use.
So my questions are:

1. Can anyone tell me where another pair of the aluminum things goes?
2. Any reason not to use multiple thickness of rubber from an old tractor
tube (it's thick) for the packing in other places? Why? - because I do not
want to wait for the perfect stuff to be shipped and clear customs; I'm on
a roll here.
TIA,
Jim Wallace
2TS81417L