RE: Cam Bearings

To: "'Ronnie Babbitt'" <rbtr3a@cox.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cam Bearings
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:23:42 -0700
Ronnie,
No it doesn't sound right.  According to my references, the Mk2 engines
used bearings.  However, is someone used an earlier (Mk1) cam or a later
MkIV through 1500 cam, they may have fit it directly into the block
without bearings.  This is how those engines were configured.  Or
perhaps someone replaced the engine with a Mk1 block.  What is your
engine number?

You can of course install bearings if you use one of the cams that work
with them.  These cams were used with Mk2, Mk3 and Early MkIV engines
and have smaller journals so that there is room for the cam bearings
between them and the block.

Regards,
Joe