Re: HD8 caruretor icing

To: "Mitchel Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>, "'Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HD8 caruretor icing
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 16:15:46 -0500
actually...there were electric heaters that were made to
wrap around the damper chamber.  There was a set that sold on Ebay
about three months ago as well.

It seems you could make a set very easily from a length of
house water pipe anti-freeze heater cord.  Since the cords
are usually around 10-20 feet long and run on 120VAC
I'm sure a cut down piece, wrapped around the damper chamber
twice, two carbs in series, could run off 12VDC just fine.
Run a switch or a thermal sensor and your in business.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com