TR6 with no brakes

To: "Ross Fox" <rossjfox@hotmail.com>, Triumphs@autox.team.net hA9ItSo8009423
Subject: TR6 with no brakes
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:50:57 -0500
Message text written by "Ross Fox"
>Also, I'm told that if all the fluid leaked into the booster, it would
likely cause excessive smoke on the next start-up, as the fluid was sucked
into the engine and burned -- well there was no excessive smoke.

Ok, so where's the leak?  How do I go about finding it?
<

Not necessarily. The booster volume is enough to hold a load of brake fluid
and still not reach the vacuum port.  If there is no evidence of fluid on
the floor or in the rear brakes or on the frame, then pull the brake
booster and check it (again).  If you find it there then the brake master
cylinder is faulty  (I know, I know, It's new.  But it may still be
faulty).

If you don't find it there then set a trap for the Silicone brake fluid
bandit.  That stuff is not cheap.  (Is anyone in your neighborhood selling
recovered brake fluid?)  ;-)

Dave