* I made it - Part 4 of 5 *

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: * I made it - Part 4 of 5 *
From: "Wayne" <wayne@brazinski.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:18:50 -0600
I was too tired and keyed up to eat so went to bed around 12:30am.  By 8am
after a night of tossing and turning (maybe 4 hours total sleep) I was back
in the car having dried out my cloths on the hotel room heater thingy.  I
tried to start the car for 15 minutes and could not.  Called Fred again and
we started troubleshooting.  After several minutes it dawned on me that I
had shut off the fuel pump the night before.  Gah... Fatigue and stupidity
at work!  Fred was nice about it though.

I drove to a nearby Kmart and purchased a rain suit, rainex (both defog and
exterior) and a bottle of Orange juice as I was still to keyed up to eat.
The rain kept coming but it was lighter so I suited up in the rain suit and
off I went. The anti fog kept the window clear which was a huge step up from
the night before.

About 3 hours out of Cleveland the rain stopped and I pulled over for gas.
People commented on the car and gave me the thumbs up just like they had
since I left Virginia.  I was enjoying it more now though - as I got used to
the car,the trip, and was getting closer to home.  I even removed the
rainsuit and tried the heater for the first time.  Yes - I had not used it
because earlier I had developed some irrational fear that it would stop the
car from running.

-->continued