RE: A type OD - advice

To: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "Angelo Graham" <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A type OD - advice
From: "Brian Sanborn" <brian.sanborn@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:00:15 -0500
Angelo,

John Esposito of Quantum Mechanics in CT has a replacement
adapter plate with more metal in the weak area at the bottom...
$65 I think.   Save yourself the problem and get a proper plate.

My plate looked fine...  I checked it with a straightedge but it
leaked badly at the bottom.  The new adapter solved the problem.
Removing your transmission is not something you want to do too
often.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://webpages.charter.net/sanborn

Pay particular
attention to the adaptor plate between the transmission and the O
/ D unit.
For if that plate is cracked or warped (very common), the fluid
will leak
out faster than you can pour it in.