RE: Turn Signal Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Turn Signal Question
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 22:35:45 -0800
> I seem to recall that the  turn signal on my original TR3 would self
> cancel.  After following the wife with the  "right  turn"  light  on
> for several miles...at least she was focused  on the road. I wonder
> if there  is something not right in the control head?

Most likely.  Like all cars, the canceling mechanism is not perfect, it's
possible to execute a gentle turn (like changing lanes on the freeway)
without engaging the canceling mechanism.  However, I've always found that
the mechanism becomes sticky and has to be cleaned from time to time.
Mine's just starting to get that way again, and I think the last time I
cleaned it was about 5 years ago.  New ones would probably do better, but
mine is still the original control head with a significant amount of
internal wear.

Randall