Tunning Stromberg 150CD

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tunning Stromberg 150CD
From: Eduard Tieseler <etiesele@metrolist.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 11:27:46 -0700
  Hi Listers!

I have a question about tuning the Stromberg 150CD.  I read in several
books that if you lift the piston your engine speed should not change.
If it lowers, your running lean, if it speeds up, your running rich.  My
engine stalls if I lift the piston at all.  I also purchased the
"special tool" to adjust the needle, but there seems to be no
adjustments for the needle.  There is no "socket" (for lack of a better
term) that the allen key fits into.  The engine runs pretty good,
throttle response is decent, but could be better.

Could you give me some advise or tips on tunning one of these carbs?  I
have the timing set to 8 degrees BTDC, and the valve lash is .010"
cold.  I am going to recheck the valve lash again.  I need to check the
dwell for the point as well.  (What do you think about Petronix?)

As always, your advice is appreciated and often the resolution to my
problems!

Thanks

Eduard Tieseler
'66 Herald