anybody know what this is?

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: anybody know what this is?
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 21:13:18 -0500
Kurtis:

My original TR4A (circa CTC52000) had one, its replacement that I now have
(CTC64139) does not and the spare transmission that came with  (CTC64139) has
one.  That spare's # is CT72579.

When the clutch was being replaced in 1967 on that original 4A at the
dealership in Indianapolis, I asked the mechanic what that glob was hanging at
the rear of the transmission and he told me that it was a vibration damper.
Of course being young and gullible he could have said it was a lightening
suppressor and I would have believed him.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana