Re: Wire vs steel wheels - one more question

To: carcentric@yahoo.com (M D Nugent), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire vs steel wheels - one more question
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:47:09 -0400
In a message dated 9/25/2003 11:17:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
carcentric@yahoo.com writes:

> How does the offset differ between the 4" TR3 wire wheel and the wider
> TR4 wire wheel:
> - Is the additional rim width to both the inside and outside (no change
> in offset)?
> - Is all of the TR4 wire wheel's additional rim width to the outside
> (less positive offset)?

Interesting question, which I can't answer right now (books @ home; me @ work
:-) ).

I believe there's only a half-inch difference between the rim widths of the
"TR3" (48-spoke, outer laced) wheel and the "TR4" (60-spoke, center laced)
wheel. I'll further "guess" that the offset of the two wheels is about the
same? Unless the changed in method of lacing the spokes between the two wheels
also altered the offset?

Someone here will know....

--Andy Mace