TR6 Top and Tonneau Cleaning

To: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Top and Tonneau Cleaning
From: "Peter Arakelian" <PeterAra@MSN.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:42:18 -0700
Seal-send-time: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 05:42:18 -0700 FILETIME=[DF1BA370:01C38362]
I had always used water and a VERY mild soap.  This is what was recommended.
Until now.  There is a new product available - Raggtop.  It is endorsed by
Haartz who makes the vinyls and cloths for tops and tonneaus.  It is the only
product Haartz has ever endorsed.  It is also used by Robbins Auto Top.  It
works GREAT!  It is a two stage process.  There is a cleaner, which cleans
better than I could have hoped for, and a protectant that restores the UV
protectant and other stuff to the material.  There is one cleaner, but a
separate protectant for cloth and vinyl.  I have stayfast cloth and all the
stains and water spots are now gone and water beads like balls of mercury on
the re-treated surface.  Easy to use, non-toxic, won't hurt paint, etc.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver