jack stands / ramps

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: jack stands / ramps
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:51:23 -0500
Jim:

Personally, I have never felt very secure under the TR that was on ramps.  I
have always jacked one side with a carpet scrap covered 3" X 6"  3/16" piece
of steel between the jack head and frame to spread the load and to keep from
chipping the painted frame, inserted the two stands (also with the carpet
scrap between the stand and frame).  One side up, I repeat the other side.  It
helps to paint a colored dot on the frame rail that tells where front to rear
balance point is.

With the car level on  four stands, you are assured that all fluids will drain
out to say nothing of greasing the unloaded suspension.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana