British Invasion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: British Invasion
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:14:14 -0400
Isabel, the dreaded meteorological phenomenon, failed to have a significant
effect on last weekend's British Invasion show in Stowe, VT. The skies were
threatening over some of the moutain peaks, but no rain made its way to the
show field and a good time was had by all.

There was a nice contingent of Triumphs in evidence and the TR6 classes had
a very strong collection of cars. First-place in the early cars went to
Dave Silviera. Nice going, Dave. Karen Hakkala took home third in the TR7/8
group and very nearly took home first place, but that's another story.
Overall win in the Concours d'Elegance went to a superb long-door TR2,
which beat out a strong field of beautiful cars. Who says Triumphs get no
respect?

As usual, the show was equal parts social event and car show and I shook
the hands of many old friends and a few new ones. My car has 791 more miles
on it than it did on Thursday morning, all without incident. If you miss
this show, you miss one of the best.

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (26 year owner)