alt wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: alt wiring
From: WRROOPE@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:19:34 EDT
I would like some help on figuring out if the GM  alt is wired correctly on
my 72 TR6. While getting her started for the first time in 14 years and after
about 2 minutes of running, I let some smoke out of the alt and the amp gauge.
The only part of the harness that looks bodged is the hookup on the alt. This
is how is wired now: the big brown and white wire is on the B+ post with a
jumper to the F plug in, the R plug in is hooked to the brown and yellow wire.
There is one brown and yellow and one brown (maybe brown and green) in the
original plug that have nothing hooked to them.
Does this sound right? Or do I need to look for something else that caused my
smoke test.

TIA
bill r