Transmission Oil weights and O/D oils

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission Oil weights and O/D oils
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:07:57 -0400
        For what its worth, I'm also  using redline 75W90NS oil in both my A
type OD trannys.
        Between the two cars . . I'd say I've put well over 30,000 miles on
them (maybe 40) in the last 3 years without any trouble that is attributable
to the gear oil.  (Unless you believe that the oil somehow magically made a
spacer disappear out of the tail of the OD. . . .  my guess is the assembler
left it out)

        I've got a friend who vintage races and uses the same oil in his
TR-3 with A-type OD.  No problems there.
        Just a couple data points

Scott Tilton