High RPM miss solved

To: "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: High RPM miss solved
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:15:52 -0400
Thanks once again to the list for all of their input and a special
thanks to a local club member for helping me replace a part of my
distributor that I broke - don't ask.  And also thanks to Brooks for
helping me put it all back together.

So, just to recap my issue, I had a miss at the upper rpm range starting
around 4500 or 5000 rpm.  The symptoms appeared very similar to fuel
starvation.  The plugs were good, the wires were good, and I was using a
Petronix which should eliminate any distributor issues.  So what was the
problem?

PETRONIX!!!

I've heard and read fellow list members point at Petronix units, but
mistakenly didn't believe I could be affected.  I dropped a set of
points in there, and voila, it runs like a "bat outa hell."  So now I
can move on to other trivial items that need my attention.

Hmm, isn't there something going on in Bowling Green next Friday?
Maybe, just maybe.

Cheers,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2