RE: TR3 Windshield header replacement

To: "'McEwen, Art'" <Art.McEwen@moh.gov.on.ca>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Windshield header replacement
From: "Glenn Coughenour" <gecoughenour@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:47:25 -0400
You can get at the captured nuts and apply penetrating oil by getting
under the cowl.  It's not easy though.

As I was dissembling a parts car, I used a screwdriver bit that fit the
slot in a socket wrench for more leverage, but I still had to drill one
of them and use a screw extractor.  Another "tool" is to use an open end
wrench on one of those large, square shaft screwdrivers that Craftman
makes.

Glenn C
1959 TR3A TS31684L [in total frame up restoration]
1960 TR3A TS64803L [driving, but needs work]