Diff Pinion Seal. One more story.

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diff Pinion Seal. One more story.
From: Brian N <brian@beachcitygas.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 17:00:47 -0700
Here's what I did. Though I cannot remember the car I did it on:

Use a pointed punch to make a small mark on the end of the nut, and
another on the shaft end aligned with mark on the nut.  When replacing
the nut, stop at the marks align.  Just be careful you are not a full
turn or two off.  I think being off that much is rather difficult,
unless the whole unit is badly off spec to begin with.

Anyway, it worked!  It is the sort of thing I thought was worth a try
before spending big buck to do it the right way.

All the best,

Brian N.