Re: TR4- Differential - Front Oil Seal

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4- Differential - Front Oil Seal
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:27:32 +0100
Hi Adrian
One method of removal / replacement is to centre pop the nut and shaft at an
adjacent point, undo counting the turns, be very careful as you approach the
end of the thread to ensure you know the fractions of a turn involved,
change the seal and then replace the nut counting the fractions of turn
first then the whole turns to the final point, once tightened so the centre
pops line up the preload should be correct (as prior to removal).

Graham.