TR3A Coil Spring Tower

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Coil Spring Tower
From: "Doug ..." <dougm1000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2003 06:57:12 -0700 FILETIME=[C59BCFD0:01C3747E]
Could anyone describe what the inside of the spring tower should look like?

Inside the tower of the frame I have some twisted (rusted) light metal
affixed to the metal of the tower.  To get the gasket, that fit ontop of the
aluminum spacer (that fits ontop of the gasket, spring, gasket and spring
pan) to sit flat properly in this tower I would need to remove all the
jagged pieces of metal.  So then the spring gasket would sit against the
metal of the spring tower.  Is this okay or do I need to manufacture some
spring cup to sit between the top gasket and the metal of the frame's spring
tower?  Does this formerly light metal spring cup, that is barely visisible
inside the spring tower, provide any change of angle, etc. purpose??

To best visualize this, look at a bare frame, with no front end, flip it
upside down and look down the spring tower.  What should the inside of the
frame spring towers look like to allow the spring assemble and pan to be
affixed to the frame?

Doug