Re: powder coating of parts

To: "rudyeb" <rudyeb@adelphia.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: powder coating of parts
From: "Jeffery Howard" <nhoward442@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 22:48:33 -0400
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:58:58 -0400
  "rudyeb" <rudyeb@adelphia.net> wrote:
>I just purchased a TR3 that will need quite a bit of work
>to get it back on
>the road but the price was right and it will be a fun
>experience. Is there any
>reason why I would not want to powder coat the parts
>versus painting them?
>Items such as calipers, engine parts etc. I have a powder
>coating unti from
>Eastwood and thought it might be the way to go. Anyones
>input or guidance
>would be appreciated.
>Thanks,
>Rudy

Rudy,
I asked a fella I know in CA that restores cars for a
living if he uses powder coating.  His response was along
the lines, "we have but did not like the way it held up".
 He prefered Dupont Emron.  I was going to powder coat my
GT6 until he said that.

His present project has a standing offer of one million
dollars when it is finished.  So I'm going to take his
word for it.

Jeff Howard