Re: the Amphicar, reborn...

To: "INTERNET:gprtech@frontiernet.net" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: the Amphicar, reborn...
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:59:54 -0400
Cc: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h84N6Ldl008667
Message text written by INTERNET:gprtech@frontiernet.net
>If I was billionaire, I'd certainly get one. But since I'm not, I'd bet
I could build a car with those capabilities for less.

Wouldn't be a production car though.

Some fiberglass bodied car (Fiero?), lightened and sealed up to be
buoyant. Foamed in panels for flotation.
Gasoline engine running a generating system capable of supplying
electricity to motorized wheels (4WD?) or an electric water jet.

I've worked on similar hybrid electric vehicle systems (minus the water
jet). I could see how it might be done. I bet I could do it for $100K,
or less, minus my labor. ;-)
<

You've been watching too much Junk Yard Wars (Scrap Heap Challange in the
UK).

;-)

I LIKE it.

Dave