Repainting Recommendations

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Repainting Recommendations
From: Mike Himelfarb <mhimelfarb@shoppersdrugmart.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:04:56 -0400
I've got a '72 TR6 I bought a couple of years ago knowing the paint
would have to be re-done soon.  Now that "soon" is upon me I'm trying to
do it without spending an arm and a leg.

The car has fibreglass front and rear fenders which I intend to replace
with steel.  I will also be removing the windscreen frame, top, interior
and all exterior bits myself before painting starts.  I then figure to
float it to a good shop to be sanded, primed and painted.  I already
have one quote for $3500 which presumes I'll do all the above myself.

Before I run around haphazardly I'm wondering what everyone's
experiences are with approaching the job this way.  I had considered
doing everything myself but I only have a cluttered single-car garage
completely unsuitable as a paint booth.

Also, can anyone recommend someone in Southern Ontario who can take on
this job without breaking my bank account?

Mike Himelfarb
Director, Central Support
Information Technology Department
Shoppers Drug Mart