TR6 Rocker/Valve Alignment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Rocker/Valve Alignment
From: Aledotr6@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 09:39:50 EDT
After placing the rocker shaft back on the head of my 75 TR6, I noticed that
both end rocker seats are not centered over the valve stems. In fact, the
valve stems are slightly exposed on the inward side of the rockers. In other
words, the rockers seem to need to move inwards, toward the other rockers.
There is
some play, because of the end springs. But even if I push the rockers inward
to compress the spring, the rockers don't center over the valves.  All other
rockers seem to be more-or-less centered.  Is this normal? It doesn't look
right, but this is one thing I didn't think to make note of when disassembling
the
head.

Thanks in advance,
Bud Trussell