Re: GT-6 Overdrive/Spitfire Overdrive ?

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT-6 Overdrive/Spitfire Overdrive ?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:53:16 -0400
On 26 Aug 2003 at 17:48, jim williams wrote:

> Is there anyone on the list who has successfully
> mated a 1500 Spitfire O/D to a GT-6 Motor??...
> If all else fails; I will be looking to sell or
> trade the Spitfire O/D for a GT-6 O/D.

I've never done what you're asking, and I'm pretty sure I'd never
want to.  The entire drivetrain, including the gearbox, was
supposedly upgraded for the GT6 to handle the extra torque.  Now, my
only real knowledge in this matter comes from reading a lot and
having driven my Spitfire for 15 years or so.  (Over the last 5 years
it's been our most reliable car!)  So you may get a differing opinion
from people here [but if you do, I'll be surprised].

On the other hand, if you do decide to sell the gearbox, I might be
interested.  Where is it and how much would you be asking?

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com