Re: Overdirve... Yeah!!

To: Michael Godley <mgodley@tiac.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdirve... Yeah!!
From: "BRIAN SANBORN" <brian.sanborn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:57:59 -0400
Michael,

>One question I have is:  Do I need a different
>speedometer cable?

The answer is yes.  I tried the standard TR4 OD cable from
TRF and found it a little short.  I ended up buying the
96" (?? from memory) TR3 OD cable.  The TR4A is little
different than the TR4. Your TR4A has the handbrake on the
drive shaft tunnel and dooesn't have the same gearbox
cover configuration.

The TR4A usedhad a little gadget (can't recall name) that
screws into the speedo port on the back of the OD tail.
 It makes an immediate 90 degree turn out of the box and
then the cable attaches to the gadget.  The TR3 and TR4
didn't use this because there is hole and rubber boot on
gerabox covers of these cars that lets the cable come
straight out and then make a 90 degree turn of the cable
under the floor boards.

Brian