Speedo Cables

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo Cables
From: Scott Tilton <stilton@protoprod.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 15:42:19 -0400
It was about a year ago that I started driving my TR-4 on a daily basis
again.

I took a trip across state and the newly installed speedo cable (the super
long one for the overdrive tranny) crapped out on me.

Eventually I got another one and installed it, and it was doing fine for
many months for the short, daily commute back and forth to work.

This past weekend I took a trip down to Richmond (about 125 miles) and while
on the interstate, drove at the same breakneck speed as all the other bozos
out there. ( close to 80 MPH constantly,  some brief trips into the upper
80's I suppose)

When I got home I noticed that my speedo is sorta "clicking" and jumping
when I come to a stop and when I start back up and drive slowly again.
At highway speed, it either goes away or evens out enough that I don't
notice it.

Thought I'd check in with the list and see if anyone else has been having
speedo cable problems or if I'm just lucky.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 everyday
Leesburg, VA