Re: tires and wheels for a TR3

To: "oliver" <oliver@connect.net>
Subject: Re: tires and wheels for a TR3
From: "Triumph_TR4" <Triumph_TR4@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:21:18 -0700 FILETIME=[B572A9F0:01C36793]
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
From: "oliver" <oliver@connect.net
> Saw Joe's post, and finally decided to ask the list the question that I'll
be
> facing in a couple of months.
>
> Should I :
>
> go wires or
> get minilites or
> stay original
>
> and
>
> keep tr3 sizes or
> use tr6 wheels & tires
>
> my TS13796 will be finished this winter (I hope); it will be a weekend
driver,
> not a show car (but pretty) or a race car.
>
> Oliver

Oliver, I went my own way.  Yes I like the wires, yes I like the disk and
original hub caps, but both are hard to find, and/or very expensive for
originals in prime shape.  Original disc wheels that are really straight are
rare.

So, here is what I put on the car:
http://home.mchsi.com/~token/TR4Page5.htm

On the down side, the 205 width tires did impact fuel economy a bit, but I
really like the look of them.

Darrell