more viruseses?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: more viruseses?
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:57:56 -0400
I run WinXP but not Outlook (of any variation).  Within the last two
hours I have received two entries from the Triumphs list with the
note "an attachment was removed".  The bodies of both notes said
something like "see the attached file", and the apparently removed
file were named "details.pif" and "your_details.pif".  The titles of
the notes were "Your details" and "Re: That movie".  The apparent
(through probably inaccurate) senders were hakhutch and adufault.
Someone's machine, probably neither of these two, is sending virus-
laden notes to the Tr list.

(My own machine has just tested clean by AVG, data file updated
yesterday or the day before, and with Micro$oft's patch installed
last week.)

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com