Re: virus?

To: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, "tr list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: virus?
From: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:03:42 -0700
> > There is another one basically of the same nature that is coming from
> > COMCAST, which is bogus.
>
> I have Comcast, and while they may not be the same thing that Scott is
> seeing, I have been getting real warnings from them.  The difference is
that
> the Comcast messages do not have an attachment, instead they direct you to
> their website, which in turn urges you to download the patches from the
> Microsoft website.  Not exactly the most secure of procedures, it could
> still potentially be "highjacked", but it's much harder than just sending
> out emails with trojan horses attached.
>
> Randall

Just another note of caution: be very careful about emails that direct you
to what appear to be legitamate web sites. There have been many cases of
counterfeit sites set up to collect personal information and steal your
identity. If I ever have any doubts at all, I will go to the home page and
try to navigate to the subject page from there.

Bob