Nigerian scams again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Nigerian scams again
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:33:08 -0400
I thought some of you would like to hear about another variant of the
Nigerian scams that were talked about a while ago.

I run a small online business selling key blanks for classic cars. For
payment we take Paypal and credit cards through a service.

Most orders are less than $40 total, even if we cut the keys.

Last week, someone from Nigeria ordered 93 keys, all for Mercedes & BMW
cars. The total amount was $498.35, and the quantities were so strange
(30 of one key, 3 of another, 20 of this one 6 of that), that I was
suspicious even before I saw the country of origin.

The purchaser never completed the payment process, So I figured someone
was just playing around. People do that about a half dozen times a week.

Then I got the email. He wanted me to collect on some money that was
owed him, take out my payment, plus some extra for my trouble, and
forward the rest to him.

I was amazed. I just notified him that his order had been canceled and
let it go at that.

What else does Nigeria export besides scams?

--
George Richardson
1957 Triumph TR3 - TS15559L http://www.key-men.com/triumph