Re: VTR/Summer Party

To: "INTERNET:Percybal@aol.com" <Percybal@aol.com>
Subject: Re: VTR/Summer Party
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 08:12:13 -0400
Cc: Triumphs@autox.team.net, 105671.471@compuserve.com 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h7CCDQ24019906
Message text written by INTERNET:Percybal@aol.com
>> -The TR8 ran fine.  Covered 1700 miles, used 1/2 pint of oil, 55 Gallons
of
> gas and gave me no issues.
> -I bought about $500 worth of parts - most for the TR6.  Now I'm excited.
>
> Cheers and hope to see you guys next year.
>
> Dave Massey
> 57 TR3
> 71 TR6 (next year?)
> 80 TR8 (if only the AC worked)

  Absolutely stunning gas mileage for the 3.5 litre
  Rover/Buick V8. One presumes it was all
  downhill? Or were you really driving the only Triumph
  Acclaim featured at the event ? 8-)

  Best Regards,

  Percy Ballentine
<

Well, let's see: 10 gal in Terra Haute, 5 gal in Indy, 10 gal in
Zainesville, 11 gal in Indiana, PA, 11 gal in (somewhere) PA, 11 Gal in
Richmond, IN, 11 Gal in Vandalia IL.  If you include the fillup before I
left that makes closer to 80 gal.  I guess that Enron accounting class I
took actually worked.

Now, let me tell you about my 23 second autocross run...

Dave