Re: TRF Road Trip Music

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>, "6-Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs@autox. Net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Georgia Triumph Club" <gatriumph@gatriumph.com>
Subject: Re: TRF Road Trip Music
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 01:28:26 -0500
> > 11. Jimmy Buffett    - at least several of his albums, early stuff
> > 12. to be continued.
> >
> > See you there.
> >
> > R. Ashford Little II
> Sure as hell glad I'm not riding with you, don't you have any "Bing
Crosby,
> Tommy Dorsey, Frank Sinatra, Jo Stafford, Teresa Brewer, The Four
Freshman,
> Guy Lombardo, Guy Mitchell

Well, if he brings "Christmas Island", Jimmy Buffett's version of "Mele
Kalikimaka" is as good as Bing's and his backup singers sound just like the
Andrews Sisters.

I just saw a local production of "Sisters of Swing" about the Andrews
Sisters (they were, after all,  from Minnesota).  The girls were great, but
the guy who played Bing (Accentuate the Positive), Danny Kaye (All I want
for Christmas is my two front teeth), and Carmen Miranda (Rum and Coca-Cola)
was a real hoot!

The Dorseys had some great ones.  "We've crossed the wildest river" is a one
I remember liking.

As for Guy Lombardo, all I ever heard from him was schmaltz.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com