Re: Onomancy (the magic of names)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Onomancy (the magic of names)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:48:39 +0100
On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, at around 11:05:29 local time, Graham Stretch
<technical@iwnet.screaming.net> wrote:
>Hi Mike
>Personally I say Stuff the off topic police, this is about a space for your
>Triumph spares and tools for work on said vehicles, how much topic do they
>want?
>Anyway, it is things like this that help us learn our daily piece to prove
>we are still here!

Dear Graham,

A few weeks ago, I started a thread here about which place on earth was
the best for Triumph owners to live.   The thread went on for quite a
while, and its presence on the list upset some people.   I don't wish to
repeat that earlier mistake.   There are people here who give
unstintingly of their time and expertise to help others keep their
Triumphs on the road.   Their interest lies in cars, not cubby-holes,
and I would not want to cause any of them to give up on the list because
of frustration with a thread that is only peripherally related to
mechanical engineering of a British kind.

In other words: if it ain't leakin' oil, I'm damn careful about
mentioning it, and I try not to let it go on too long...

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671