Re: Identification plates.

To: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Identification plates.
From: Bill <wbmcleod@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:09:32 -0700
The orange tag was installed by the state of California, I believe, in
some bureaucratic effort to re-identify the identified.  The EB number
is the body number, which was, according to Piggott, "near, but slightly
higher than, the car's commission number."  The last plate with 6 or 7
digits was thought to be allocated by Mulliners, the body shell
manufacturers.  Again, Mr. Piggott says this number is used by the
British Heritage Trust for the factory build number.  Hope this helps!
Bill McLeod
Slightly Classics
Tucson, AZ