RE: gas quality

To: "Triumph List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gas quality
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:12:39 -0700 FILETIME=[1C3683F0:01C34B1F]
Oops again, I see I mis-read Mark's question.  I meant all that junk is _in_
California gas, and not in Canadian gas.  Sorry.

In politician-speak, our gasoline is "reformulated", and we're actually on
RFG (ReFormulated Gasoline) II (or is it III now ?).  The ingredients,
including the various fractions of petroleum distillate, are much more
carefully controlled than before, with the result that there are both fewer
highly volatile components and fewer low volatility components.  The
complete chemistry is beyond me, but for those who would like to know more,
I recommend the venerable FAQ at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/part1

Randall

Randall Young babbled :