VTR/TRF Hillclimb

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR/TRF Hillclimb
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:39:15 EDT
Listers,

It looks like the hillclimb will happen!  Because of my experience with PHA
hillclimbs, TRF has asked if I would help organize this event.    Fellow lister
Bill DeWar, who often helps me at PHA events,  will also be helping put this
event together.  I'm asking if YOU are interested in being a part of this.

The course will require workers at 5 corner stations (at least 3 workers at
each station), in addition to the start and finsh lines.  Some help will also
be needed at registration and timing.  Help with setting up the course, which
will mostly involve placing haybales is also needed.  I have enlisted some
experienced help from my fellow racers, so don't let your unfamiliarity with
this
sort of thing deter you.  Someone who knows, will tell you what to do ;-).

There probably won't be any spectating areas on the hill, so the corner
workers will have the best view of the action.  Working the event, in any
capacity,
won't keep you from entering.  All workers WILL get to make their runs.
We'll make SURE of that!

There will be some overlap with the  VTR concours and peoples choice show
Friday morning.  If you are planning on showing your car, but would like to
enter
the hillclimb, you should be able to get to the hill before registration and
tech closes at 2pm. If you want to help, whenever you get there, you will
probably be asked to relieve one of the workers who started earlier.

The current schedule for the Friday August 8 event is (subject to change) :

Hill setup......8 am

Registration and tech inspection opens...9am

First car up hill...11am

Registration and tech closes...2pm

Last car up hill......4 or 5 pm?

Fun....all day long

If you think you would like to help, please respond privately.

THANKS !!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA