TR6 pictured in current NEW CAR ad

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 pictured in current NEW CAR ad
From: RobBlubaugh@netscape.net (Robert Blubaugh)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:02:52 -0400
Hi listers!

Just received my July 2003 newsletter from the LA-PORTER Federal Credit Union
(located in Northwest Indiana).  On the last page of the newsletter is a
subtitle "Finance Your La-Porter FCU Auto Loan at the Dealership!"  Pictured
just above this headline is a pre 1976 Triumpy TR6.  The photo is of a car on
the move in the left lane of a roadway with lanes divided by a solid yellow
line.  In don't know Triumph models all that well and I say that it is a pre
1976 TR6 because it has a smooth bumper line with no over riders.  Maybe I am
wrong with this observation and assumption, but I was particularly ammused that
a 28 year old auto, and a marque that has not been in production for about 22
years would be used to promote getting your auto loan at the "Dealership."
Perhaps there are some holdout British Leyland dealerships in NW Indiana that I
am not aware of.

I would be pleased to send this bit of trivia to anyone who might have an
interest in building a collection of this type.

Rob Blubaugh
Rensselaer, Indiana