Re: installing pertronixs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: installing pertronixs
From: BigOldWumper@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:32:40 EDT
I'm not sure I can answer your question--but I will say one thing: When
installing the Pertronix, make SURE that none of the wires coming from the
module
under the distributor cap are in any way loose, not loose as in the
connections
are loose but they must be pulled tightly out from the cap, otherwise you'll
get what happened to me--the rotor eats up the wires, pulls them out of the
module, and there goes $100 bucks. Oh, and don't try to solder them back to
the
module either--they'll just pull right back off, trust me, unless you want to
be towed home, like me. But other than that, as long as you bought the right
Pertronix for your distributor it should work. If you bought one for a Lucas
distriubutor, I don't think it will fit, because I believe they are each made
fit different distributors.
-Sean