RE: Designer leaks

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Subject: RE: Designer leaks
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:21:45 -0400
Cc: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>, "'Dave Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "INTERNET:ExTR3A@aol.com" <ExTR3A@aol.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h69IMkSl015565
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>I not so sure about that. My home air-conditioning system had a fit a few
weeks ago and the compressor found a way to spray oil all over the place.
Lots of "fun" and money later :^(  we're at least cooling down. Of course
it
was an American compressor so perhaps it had learned a new trick. :^)
<

Air conditioning in Canada?  (just kidding.  I know it gets hot up there.
Just not for so long)

Since the compressors used are what is called Hermetic which means it is
sealed, about the only way they can leak is if the case rusts through.  If
you keep power to the condensing unit year-round the little heater in the
crankcase will keep condensation from forming on the casing and prevent
rust.

I hope

Dave (my AC is almost 20 years old.)