[Fwd: Re: TR250 Brake Servo rebuild]

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: TR250 Brake Servo rebuild]
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:51:14 -0400
Subject: Re: TR250 Brake Servo rebuild
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:49:50 -0400
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
To: LaJoMor@aol.com
CC: 6pack@autox.team.net,  triumphs@autox.team.net

Hi Larry,

It was $85.00 Plus $6.00 shipping.

I did not have it powder coated. I think that is $25.00 and Fred Thomas
does it for Gary (PartCo).

After he got it, he called and said the cover was too pitted to be
painted or powder coated and look good. He recommended a replacement
cover for and additional $30.00, to which I agreed.

He bead blasted and painted the aluminum spacer and sand blasted (but
did not paint) my original cover. The pedal rod and the MC push rod were
also bead blasted. The original cover was very pitted. He was right.

A major problem in doing it yourself is that you can't seem to buy the
diaphragm anywhere.

I didn't know if it needed to be rebuilt or not, I just did it because
everything else is being rebuilt. I'm glad I did because it was full of
brake fluid. I don't know if that would have affected it's operation,
but it was nice to know what happened to my missing brake fluid.

Don Malling